24 February 2011

Birthday Shirt

So, we are poor, dirt poor right now, but I wanted my boy to have a new shirt for his birthday so this is what I came up with. 

First, I went to Bennett's closet to find a shirt that had no designs on it. It was pretty easy since there was only one.

Next, I went to my desk to look at what color felt I had. Green left over for Christmas projects and white left over from his birthday last year.


I had in my mind what I wanted the stitching to look like but I didn't know how to do it or what it was called to look up a tutorial online. So my lovely husband had me draw for him what the stitch looked like and he found it for me online, it's called a Blanket Stitch!
 

So, using left over embroidery thread, I stitched the "two" onto the circle and then pinned the circle onto the shirt and stitched that on and then "TA-DAH", one stinking cute two-shirt just hours before his second birthday!


He looked pretty handsome I must say!

No comments: